Saturday, May 9, 2009

Don't Tell Me About Mendaulatkan Bahasa

As life in galaxy diversifies, learn as many languages one must

Now listen!!!
  1. Don't tell me about mendaulatkan a bahasa that translates joystick to kayu ria.

  2. Don't tell me about mendaulatkan a bahasa that its tata bahasa emulates English grammar. In English the word about may not be used after discuss, and in Malay the word tentang may not be used after bincang.

  3. Don't tell me about mendaulatkan a bahasa that rapidly undergoes changes.

  4. Don't tell me about mendaulat a bahasa that has many time become an instrument of politics. We had before Bahasa Baku, but as a Kalantanese I prefer Bahasa Budu.

  5. Don't tell me about mendaulatkan a bahasa that becomes useless once you get outside the border.

It's not that I am not proud of our Bahasa Ibunda, but I wonder what these pejuang bahasa gain if they win this war.

During my first year learning abroad the difficulty I was facing due to language barrier would have been lessened if I had been exposed to more English during my school years.

For more reading, click here and here, don't let an ignorant few decide on our children's future!